It’s CHRISTMAS in OCTOBER fanboys and fangirls! Why?
Because after years of speculation Marvel Studios has finally announced their PHASE 3 films!
That’s right the House of Ideas had a media event today where they, more or less, indirectly laughed at their slowly forming competitor and reveled in their own cinematic destiny. Their upcoming slate seems like a dream with Civil War, Wakanda, Ragnarok and the Infinity Gauntlet mixing with what we already know.
- ANT-MAN (already announced) goes jumbo-size July 17, 2015.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR got scheduled for May 6, 2016.
- DOCTOR STRANGE is set for November 4, 2016.
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 is just around the corner, May 5, 2017.
- THOR: RAGNAROK arrives July 18, 2017.
- BLACK PANTHER leaps to the big screen November 3, 2017.
- CAPTAIN MARVEL becomes the first solo female Marvel superhero with her own feature, July 6, 2018.
- The INHUMANS are coming November 2, 2018.
- And the mega chapter: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PARTS I and II. May 2018 and May 2019.
Further details included the announced casting of Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa (Black Panther) in a movie focused on the isolationist country of Wakanda meeting the rest of the world. James Gunn expressed his enthusiasm via a video message for an earlier release date for GOTG2. The third Thor will be “a very important movie” to the Phase 3 timeline, like Captain America: The Winter Soldier was integral to Phase 2. Carol Danvers will be Captain Marvel, in a movie that straddles Earth-bound origins and outer space adventures.
I know all this feels like a fantasy wish-list come true, but is it too much?
What say you my fellow fanboys and fangirls! Are you ready for this? Can this decade old universe dazzle us through 2019 and beyond? Or is this the beginning of the end?
Sound off with your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.