Are you excited about Marvel NOW! and it’s potential repercussions for the House of Ideas? If so, then you might be interested in the press release Marvel sent out today!
Official Press release from Marvel:
Marvel’s making sure all comic book stores worldwide are prepared for the biggest launch of the year with the Uncanny Avengers Launch Parties on Wednesday, October 10th – all day long! In addition to being the first in line to purchase Uncanny Avengers #1, fans will also be able to receive special items exclusive to these parties!
Any local shops that opt into this event get an Uncanny Avengers Party Kit, here’s the details on that:
- Uncanny Avengers Postcards
- Uncanny Avengers Customizable Flyer
- Uncanny Avengers Customizable Press Release
- Uncanny Avengers Backlist Sales
- Uncanny Avengers Mini Posters
- Uncanny Avengers Promo Items
- Uncanny Avengers #1 Personalized Variant
- Uncanny Avengers Party Lithographs
- Mass media promotion around the launch of Uncanny Avengers and the associated parties
- Promotion of parties to Marvel fan base via Marvel.com, Twitter and Facebook
- An additional discount on in stock trade paperbacks
- Free Uncanny Avengers Party Tickets
- Free Uncanny Avengers Pins
- Free Uncanny Avengers in-store signage and shelf-talkers
And that’s not all! Retailers who opt in for Uncanny Avengers Launch Partieswill also be eligible to order a Uncanny Avengers #1 Deadpool Call Me Maybe Variant! From red-hot artist Mark Brooks, Deadpool is looking to fill a spot on Rick Remender and John Cassaday’s superstar lineup of heroes….but they don’t seem to be answering his calls. This one of a kind variant will have fans flocking to their stores to grab this must have cover!
David Gabriel, Marvel Senior Vice-President of Sales had this to say about the launch of both Marvel NOW! and Uncanny Avengers:
There is no better time than NOW! to get excited for the kick-off title of our new initiative. We’ve taken everything we’ve learned up to this point and are making sure all of our valued retail partners have what they need to get their fans buzzing for this event. Whether it’s advertising, promotional material, multi-tiered ordering incentives or limited edition variant covers, Marvel is committed to making sure that Uncanny Avengers #1 is their highest selling title of the year for comic ships worldwide.
So what do you guys think? Do these launch parties sound like a good or a bad idea? Sound off with your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.